Frequently Asked Questions
What hours is the school open?
South Lancaster Academy has official office hours from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. from Monday through Thursday. On Fridays, we are open from 8:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.. We close early on Fridays to allow families to prepare for the Sabbath, an important aspect of Seventh-day Adventist beliefs.
What is the dress code for students?
How does the drop-off & pick-up system work?
When utilizing the school's parking lot, enter at the bottom of the hill adjacent to the athletic field. The parking lot exit is located at the opposite side of the campus driveway next to the elementary building. South Lancaster Academy uses a two-lane system when pulling into our driveway to drop off and pick up children.
- To drop-off your child, use the lane closest to the building. Pull up to the car in front of you before unloading. Once you have unloaded, pull into the left lane to exit. Make sure to check for passing cars!
- To pick up your child, queue up beginning in the right-hand lane on George Hill Rd. Have your assigned student number visible on your windshield for our student patrol officers to call in your number. Remain in the lane closest to the buildings to pick up your child. You can also use the school's lower parking lot to wait for children to exit the building if they are in grades 7-12.
- You can help us keep traffic flowing smoothly by avoiding the following:
- Do not park across the street to drop off or pick up your child.
- Do not park your vehicle in one of the lanes in the driveway. Use designated parking areas only.
- Pull up to the car in front of you before loading or unloading.
- Use the left lane to easily exit the school's parking lot and free up space for vehicles behind you.